To my utter amazement, I’ve been nominated by Andy for The Versatile Blogger Award! I have not been blogging long so it always amazes me that people are reading my blog. Thank you so much for the nomination Andy. I provided a link to his blog so please be sure to check it out.
Of course, there are a few stipulations in accepting this award…which I am only too pleased to uphold.
Here are the rules:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Please be sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
- Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Now for seven interesting things about myself:
- I am an avid hockey fan. I used to have season tickets for the Minnesota Wild.
- I have an irrational fear of bugs that makes my family laugh as I run around screaming and flailing my arms when one flies or lands near me. Heaven forbid if one should land on me!
- I enjoy quilting. I have about half of a hockey quilt pieced together. I’m definitely not an expert quilter!
- I would move to Maui, Hawaii in a heartbeat and live right on the ocean.
- I have an 80 pound British Lab that thinks he’s a person and a lap dog! Yes, I do talk to him all the time as he follows me around the house.
- I custom designed the cover of my laptop so nobody has one identical to me and I love it!
- I absolutely love to travel. I’ve been to California, Colorado, North & South Dakota, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Germany, and Poland. Some of my favorite cities are: San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Maui, Hawaii; and Berlin, Germany.
The bloggers in this list have been a great source of humor, inspiration, and knowledge that they deserve The Versatile Blogger Award.
The fifteen bloggers, in no particular order, deserving my nomination are:
- Sarah Solmonson’s Blog
- Melissa Janda – The Buzz on Writing
- disregard the prologue
- sshalsnoy’s blog
- Falls Into Writing
- lindaghill – Life in Progress
- Author Allen Watson
- Jay Em Edgecliff
- brainsnorts: Trashing Today for a Better Tomorrow
- Snotting Black
- readful things blog – An Opinion on Everything Literary
- Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors
- WordServer Water Cooler
I am restless for change on my blog. I like the look of my blog as it is, but I need something new; perhaps with more color. Those that know me know that I use color in my house a lot. I once had a beautiful, bright red laundry room. Once people got past that it looked like someone was murdered in there, they liked it too. I now have a lime green bathroom, I love it and so does my husband. He actually picked the color.
I like the look of this blog with the ability to use pictures that I have taken as a header. I think being able to share personal pictures allows readers to see a glimpse into who I am. Those are my terrified toes at the top of the Willis Tower on The Ledge in Chicago. I sat in those chairs while camping on the shore of Lake Superior. I climbed that rock to get a better view of the waterfall on the Baptist River in Northern Minnesota. Those waves crashed into shore for two days on Lake Superior fifteen feet from my tent. I felt like I was on the ocean…it was heavenly. I went all the way to Kraków, Poland to catch a glimpse of that painted car.
I’M TERRIFIED OF CHANGING IT!
Let me explain before you think I’ve lost my marbles. I found another theme that I like, it’s grey. Yeah, I know that’s really not much color but the accents are in RED. I like it, I like it a lot. It has character. I fear that if I change my blog theme and I decide I don’t really like the new grey and red one, the theme I’m using now will be gone. I know, irrational right? I keep telling myself it doesn’t really matter because it’s just a blog. I know my anal retentiveness is flaring its ugly head but I can’t help it. I want my blog to look just right.
I like this theme but I need more color. I may just have to take the leap and change it up. If you are still reading my ramblings thank you. I suspect you will see changes here sooner than later.
Do you have a favorite theme?
Welcome to my work in progress. When I started this blog I thought it would be easy. I will upload a picture and write a paragraph or two and viola! it’s finished. I should know better than to assume any of that last statement is valid. I get lost in all the options, over thinking most, and hours later I am still not finished. My husband is sleeping peacefully with my British Lab snoring softly next to him in my spot while I weigh all the pros and cons to the color of a name. Yes, I will admit, sometimes my wish for perfection is a weakness. I really can’t sleep tonight anyway because my head is whirling with ideas and a very long to-do list. With all that said, welcome to my blog. The look will probably change often and portions of it wrong at times; but that’s ok because this is my work in progress.