Melissa Janda – The Buzz on Writing was so kind to nominate me for The Sunshine Award WAY back in April LAST YEAR! I’d like to thank her for the nomination and apologize for the delay in posting this. It always amazes me that people are interested in what I write and that it helps and inspires them. I’m very thankful that you all keep reading my posts.
So what exactly is The Sunshine Award you may ask. The Sunshine Award is “recognition from fellow bloggers to those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I feel so honored. Thank you Melissa!
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated
10 Things about Me:
- My favorite TV shows are: The Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Covert Affairs, Duck Dynasty, and of course the old reruns of Friends and Will & Grace.
- I wear flip flops or sandals for about 9 months out of the year. I cave to real shoes once the snow flies. I know they are bad for your feet but I wear Reef sandals & flip-flops because they have arches.
- I love the flowers painted on my big toes when I get a pedicure. Why would I want to cover them up in regular shoes?
- My favorite plays are: Mamma Mia!, Rent, Fiddler on the Roof, Chicago, and Annie. Of course there are more but I can’t list them all. If asked to go to a play, chances are the answer will be yes no matter what play it is.
- I love laying in a hammock listening to the wind in the trees and reading a book. I do this even in the late fall. I bring a polar fleece blanket out and wrap up in it. I’ve been known to fall asleep while doing this. I look forward to doing this in my new backyard this year.
- My favorite authors to read are Vince Flynn, James Patterson, Janet Evanovich, and Tami Hoag.
- The book I could read over and over again is Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
- I don’t have cable TV anymore…I miss Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, House Hunters, House Hunters International…sigh…and so many more but it’s been worth it in the long run.
- I hate watching the news because it’s so depressing.
- One of my favorite foods is homemade naked tacos. I make cilantro lime rice for the bottom of the bowl and layer it with taco meat, cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, salsa, and sour cream of course. For some crunch I sometimes add Southwest flavored tortilla strips that you can find in the salad section.
10 Deserving bloggers, in no particular order, nominated for The Sunshine Award:
- You and Me, Dupree
- Anthony G. Wedgeworth
- Confessions of a Nomad
- Street of Dreams
- We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook
- Nourishing Nonsense
This is quite a menagerie of blogs. Some of them I’ve learned a lot from, some have made me laugh, some make we want to go on vacation, and some make me want to cook and eat healthier. I’ve discovered I follow a wide variety of blogs and I love it. Congrats everyone and keep blogging!