Mississippi River Writers is having another conference…Woot! Woot!
Their spring conference will be along the Mississippi River in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin at the AmericInn on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014. Prairie du Chien is located on the border of Wisconsin and Iowa.
Writer’s conferences are so much fun for everyone in attendance. They are a great place to network with other authors and learn not only from the presenters but the other attendees. Story development and memoirs will be the focus this spring. Award winning authors Kim Sigafus McIver, Anthony Wedgeworth, and Lyle Ernst will all be presenting throughout the day. I will be there to answer any eBook and editing questions that may come up and Lori Perkins will be there from Total Printing Systems to answer questions on self-publishing.
The conference cost is $50 and it includes lunch. The registration and writing contest deadline is April 25th so get your registration in now so you have time to write that short story. Registration details are on the Mississippi River Writers website.
Besides the conference there is a lot to do in the area: Pikes Peak State Park (McGregor, IA), The Villa Louis (Prairie du Chien, WI), Effigy Mounds (Harpers Ferry, IA), and a casino boat on the Mississippi River! Prairie du Chien is along the migration route for Bald Eagles and it’s a wintering area for them so there are several really good observation areas along the river.
I hope to see you there!
Come for the conference and stay for the weekend!
To my utter amazement, I’ve been nominated by Andy for The Versatile Blogger Award! I have not been blogging long so it always amazes me that people are reading my blog. Thank you so much for the nomination Andy. I provided a link to his blog so please be sure to check it out.
Of course, there are a few stipulations in accepting this award…which I am only too pleased to uphold.
Here are the rules:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Please be sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
- Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Now for seven interesting things about myself:
- I am an avid hockey fan. I used to have season tickets for the Minnesota Wild.
- I have an irrational fear of bugs that makes my family laugh as I run around screaming and flailing my arms when one flies or lands near me. Heaven forbid if one should land on me!
- I enjoy quilting. I have about half of a hockey quilt pieced together. I’m definitely not an expert quilter!
- I would move to Maui, Hawaii in a heartbeat and live right on the ocean.
- I have an 80 pound British Lab that thinks he’s a person and a lap dog! Yes, I do talk to him all the time as he follows me around the house.
- I custom designed the cover of my laptop so nobody has one identical to me and I love it!
- I absolutely love to travel. I’ve been to California, Colorado, North & South Dakota, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Germany, and Poland. Some of my favorite cities are: San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Maui, Hawaii; and Berlin, Germany.
The bloggers in this list have been a great source of humor, inspiration, and knowledge that they deserve The Versatile Blogger Award.
The fifteen bloggers, in no particular order, deserving my nomination are:
- Sarah Solmonson’s Blog
- Melissa Janda – The Buzz on Writing
- disregard the prologue
- sshalsnoy’s blog
- Falls Into Writing
- lindaghill – Life in Progress
- Author Allen Watson
- Jay Em Edgecliff
- brainsnorts: Trashing Today for a Better Tomorrow
- Snotting Black
- readful things blog – An Opinion on Everything Literary
- Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors
- WordServer Water Cooler